Reputation is a good way to understand how good or bad a trader somebody is on Paxful.
Reputation is an aggregated score displayed on a user’s public profile. Each user can give feedback to their trade partner after completing a trade. You need to remember that only successful trades are eligible for feedback.
If you’ve missed the opportunity to leave feedback on a trade, you can still do it by reopening the trade later. You can also make changes to the feedback you’ve already provided about a user.
There are two types of feedback: positive and negative.
Note: Aside from giving feedback, you can also block a user.
Log in to your Paxful account, hover over your username located on the upper right of the page, and click My profile on the context menu that appears.
Your Profile page opens up showing the positive and negative feedback score you’ve received so far, underneath your username.
For more detailed information, scroll down to the Feedback tab:
On the offer list, click the username whose reputation you’re interested in.
The Profile page appears.
Note: On the public list, you can see only the positive feedback the user has received.
You’ll see the positive and negative feedback score the user has received so far, underneath their username.
During a trade, you can find the positive and negative score of a user close to their username in the trade chat.
- To change your feedback, reopen the trade, choose the new feedback type, edit the comment you’d already written, and click Update feedback.
- You can leave only one feedback for a user per payment method, per currency. Example: You have 5 Amazon gift card trades in USD, 3 Amazon gift card trades in GBP, 5 Bank Transfer trades in USD, and 3 Paypal trades in USD with a user. It means you can leave only 4 feedbacks in total. However, you can always update the existing feedback, according to your latest trade experience.
- If you leave negative feedback, you will be required to leave a comment.
On the last step of a trade, the feedback section appears.
Click Positive or Negative, enter any additional comments you have in the comment field, and click Submit feedback.
We also recommend that users who have received negative feedback leave a response. Responding to specific feedback is an effective way to give context around your reputation.
Users can respond to feedback with the following steps:
- From the Classic Dashboard, navigate to the Feedback received section underneath the Past Trades.
- Select Reply underneath the specific feedback you want to respond to.
- Responses cannot exceed 400 characters.
- Users can respond to feedback at any point.
- Blocked users can still respond to each other.
- Users can make edits to previously made responses.
Receiving negative feedback from a trade partner can be frustrating, but it’s important to remember that not all negative feedback can be removed from your profile. Negative feedback will only be removed if it falls under our criteria for removal.
Feedback on the platform:
- Must not violate the “Prohibited Use” clause of Paxful’s Terms of Service
- Must be relevant
- Must be unbiased
- Must be left for completed trades with no chargebacks
If you’ve received negative feedback on a trade that you believe should be removed based on the guidelines above, please reach out to our support team. From there, we'll review the request.
Note: Remember that practicing good trade habits and behaviors will help encourage your trade partners to leave you positive feedback.