The issues with a website. Common problem that you can meet.
Technical Problems and Solutions
What Do I Do If I Have a Transaction or Hedging Issue?
There could be a few reasons why your actions on Paxful could be taking longer than usual. This is what to do if you encounter it:
Check Paxful’s Status Page
One solution to figuring out why you may be having issues on Paxful is to check our Paxful Status Page.
On this page, you can see which areas on Paxful are currently running. You can also see if the Paxful team anticipates any delays. We have status checks for specific areas of Paxful. The areas on the status page include Marketplace, Wallet, Account, Notifications, API, and Mobile Apps.
You can also check for any incidents the site previously underwent. This will tell you if there are any current issues that are being investigated, identified, or resolved.
Check the Transaction Status
One of the reasons why your trade may not be completed at a fast rate is that the blockchain is taking time to confirm your trade. This could be due to mempool congestion. In this instance, you can check your Bitcoin transaction status. By doing this you can gather more information about your transaction and where it is in the blockchain.
What to do if you still don’t have an answer?
If you still don’t have an answer after following the above steps, we recommend that you reach out to support.
Why Did My Wallet Address Change?
If your Bitcoin wallet address has changed, you shouldn't worry. We've upgraded the way addresses are displayed in your wallet. We now have made it easier for you to see the most recent Bitcoin address created for your latest transaction. Your old bitcoin address is still valid and your coins are still there. If you would like to see your previous Bitcoin addresses, head over to the Addresses tab. If you have further questions please contact our support team.
Not Receiving Emails from Paxful
If you’re not receiving emails from Paxful, here’s what you can do to fix this:
- Ensure you have logged in to the correct email address which you used to register on Paxful.
- Check your spam folder. Sometimes our emails could be sitting there.
- Whitelist Paxful email addresses. Meaning, add our email addresses to your trusted list of senders. (The process may vary from one email service provider to another.)
- Email addresses to whitelist:
- Ensure that your email client or service provider is working normally.
- Select a popular email domain if possible.
Check out our security guide for more information on how to protect your Paxful account. If you receive a suspicious email from our company, read this article to find a solution.
Why Do I Receive "Unknown Bitcoin Address" Error Message?
You may encounter an "Unknown Bitcoin Address" error message when sending Bitcoin to an external wallet. This may happen because:
- You have entered an incorrect wallet address.
- You have entered a non-existing wallet address.
- You have entered an address that is not a Bitcoin network address.
To resolve this error, do the following:
- Verify the wallet address you enter.
- Ensure you have entered a valid bitcoin address.
Trade Chat Not Opening
If you started a trade on Paxful but the trade chat won't load or initialize, please follow the following steps to fix the issue:
- To begin with, please clear the cache and cookies and try using a different browser.
- If this solution does not work, please check the status on Firebase.
- If the status is OK, please contact us for additional assistance via our contact form.
Invalid Parameters. Missing Bitcoin Address.
An "Invalid Parameters. Missing Bitcoin Address." message after clicking Send means that the BTC address is still being generated. Please contact us via support widget to generate a wallet address.