To set up 2FA with Google Authenticator (GA) follow the steps below:
Google Authenticator Requirements:
Setting up Google Authenticator:
- Once the GA app is installed, login into your Paxful account on a different device.
- Hover over your username on the top right corner of the page and click Settings from the menu.
- On the settings menu, click Security.
- On the security page, under Two-factor authentication (2FA) settings, choose Google Authenticator.
- Click Activate now and a QR code appears.
- Scan the QR code with your phone by using the Google Authenticator app. A 6-digit code will appear on the app or you can copy the code for manual setup.
- Enter the 6-digit code into the field below the QR code. Your code will be automatically submitted once you input the code.
- Once your code is automatically submitted, a menu will appear.
To verify that 2FA via GA is turned on, make sure it says Activated. For more security, check all the toggles under the Enable 2FA column.
- When all toggles are blue, you’re done! 2FA via Google Authenticator is set up.
To troubleshoot 2FA via Google Authenticator (GA), visit our help center page.