Bitcoin is very exciting and we are very happy that you are taking this journey with us.
This guide will help to find existing offers to buy bitcoin. If you want to create your own offer, please see our article on creating offers.
Here’s a short video on how to buy bitcoin instantly:
Step 1 Setting up search requirements
1. Log in to your Paxful account and click Buy Bitcoin.
The Buy bitcoin page appears.
2. Click Show All or Any payment method field and select your preferred payment method to buy bitcoin on the dialog box that appears.
Alternatively, click View offers for all payment options to see the list of all payment methods available.
3. Click Any currency and select your currency from the list. Enter the amount you want to trade in the Any amount field.
You can leave the Any amount field empty if you do not have any specific amount in mind.
4. Select your country from the Location list.
5. Click SEARCH FOR OFFERS. The offer list is updated according to your search requirements.
Step 2 Finding an offer
1. Browse through the list of offers.
The list begins with offers that have:
- Sellers with the best rating and reputation.
- Sellers who are the most active on the platform and are ready for instant trade.
- The most profitable discounts or margin.
Check the tags and labels for additional information about an offer. When you find an offer you like, click Buy.
Note: Your trade hasn’t started yet, at this point.
The Offer page appears.
Study all details of the offer such as:
- Buying limits — is the offered amount neither too low nor too high?
- Seller’s rate — does it look profitable for you?
- Time limit — will you manage to execute the payment within this timeframe?
- Offer terms — is the seller requesting additional documents or having specific requests as part of the trade procedure?
2. Enter the amount you are ready to trade in the traditional currency field or BTC field. Click BUY NOW.
You can click Take a Tour to receive a walk-through of the process in case you have any questions or doubts.
The Trade chat page appears.
Note: At the moment when the trade starts, the bitcoin rate is fixed and will not fluctuate.
Step 3 Trading
1. Discuss the necessary details with your partner using our trade chat and follow their instructions carefully.
2. Make the payment.
After making the payment, click I have paid.
The Self Declaration dialog box appears.
3. Click Yes, I have paid.
- You can always cancel the trade by clicking Cancel.
- In case of any trouble or disagreement, click Dispute to invite our moderators to investigate the case.
The seller releases BTC from the trade escrow to your Paxful wallet. The trade is completed successfully.
- After the seller of bitcoin has released funds from the trade escrow into your Paxful wallet, consider leaving feedback. This helps other traders to understand who they are dealing with.
- You can click Click to add Username to your contacts to quickly trade with them in the future to add a user to your Trade Partners list. This will help you to create your own trading community with users you trust.
- If you need a public receipt of the BTC transaction, click Public receipt on the bottom of the page.