Taking some time to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) can mean a big difference in terms of your account security. Although you can enable 2FA via SMS, we recommend using Authy as it is the most secure option. SMS is not reliable because of a prevalent hacker tactic called “SIM swapping”, by which hackers can get a hold of your SMS messages.
Check our video guide on two-factor authentication:
Note: Before you begin, download the Authy app for your phone.
To enable 2FA with Authy under your account security settings:
1. Once the app is installed, on a different device (PC, tablet, another smartphone) login into your Paxful account.
2. Hover over your username on the top right of the page and click Settings from the context menu that appears.
The Settings page appears.
3. On the menu on the left, click Security.
Your Security page appears.
4. Under 2FA for login, choose GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR or AUTHY.
5. Click UPDATE 2FA FOR LOGIN.
A QR-code appears.
6. Scan the QR-code with your phone by using the Authy app. A 6-digit code appears on the app.
7. Enter the 6-digit code into the field next to the QR-code.
8. Click UPDATE 2FA FOR LOGIN.
Tip: You can set 2FA for sending bitcoin and releasing bitcoin as well. This will highly improve the security of your Paxful wallet.