To set your personal exchange rules and establish a flow of trades, you need to create your own offers. This guide gives an overview of how to create an offer to buy bitcoin on Paxful. If you are interested in existing offers of other Paxful traders, please see our guide on buying bitcoin.
Note: In order to create an offer, you need to be ID-verified.
Here’s a short video on how to create an offer:
Step 1 Payment method
1. Log in to your Paxful account and click Create an Offer.
Create an Offer page appears.
2. Select Buy Bitcoin offer type.
3. Select a payment method.
Choose how you want to buy bitcoin:
- Select the payment group from the left box.
- Choose the exact payment method from the list in the middle.
- If you are not sure which group your payment method belongs to, you can also search for payment methods in the search bar. Simply start typing the word in the Search all payment methods field and an option will appear in the list. If your payment method has been registered already, it will appear for you to select it.
Note: Don’t see the payment method of your choice? Suggest a new one by clicking the Click here to suggest a new one link.
4. Choose your currency from the Preferred currency drop-down list.
- Only one currency per offer is allowed.
- With bank transfers, it is important to insert the bank name and the country where your bank account is registered. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings with your potential trade partners.
5. Check if all details are correct and click Next step to proceed.
Step 2 Trade pricing
1. Click Market price or Fixed price to choose the bitcoin rate you want to use.
- Market price — Your offer’s selling price will change according to the market price of bitcoin.
- Fixed price — Your offer’s selling price is locked when the offer is created, and won’t change with the market price of bitcoin.
2. Choose how much you want to earn on each purchase by inserting the number into the margin field.
Set a percentage according to the market price of bitcoin and your personal trading intentions. This percentage can be both negative and positive. You can read more about the margin here. You will see on the screen a clear explanation of how much you will earn according to the percentage selected.
- Do not set a very low or high percentage to attract customers and negotiate the price within a trade. It is against our Terms of Service.
- Bitcoin sellers look for the best value + user rating. Choose the margin percentage that you think your target audience would value. A positive margin percentage is advised when creating an offer to buy bitcoin.
- As a default, we offer a bitcoin price which is the average ask price between Coinbase, Bitstamp, Bitfinex. For more flexibility with bitcoin rate click Switch to advanced mode.
3. Set offer trade limits by inserting numbers into Minimum trade amount and Maximum trade amount fields.
Here you can choose how much bitcoin in fiat currency you want to buy.
Note: You can set a range or click Use exact amount to set the sum you are interested in. Once a trade is initiated, the exact trade equivalent in BTC is moved into escrow.
4. Choose the offer time limit by inserting a number into the minutes field.
This indicates the amount of time you have to make the payment. If you do not click Paid before the payment window expires, the trade will be automatically canceled.
5. Check if all details are correct and click Next step to proceed.
Step 3 Trade instructions
1. Choose offer tags from the Offer tags drop-down list.
Offer tags will appear close to the payment method name in the list of offers. It should be something which helps to personalize your offer, add additional information to it.
Example: All bank transfers, Instant payment, Long term buyer needed.
Note: Can’t find the tag you’re looking for? Suggest a new one by clicking the Suggest a new one to us link.
2. Create your offer labels. Type them into the Your offer label field.
Labels are used to draw attention to the most important specifics of your offer.
Example: no ID verification needed, quick release, receipt required and more.
Note: For Bank Transfers the bank name is used instead of a label.
3. Write offer terms for sellers. Type them into the Offer terms for the seller field.
This info will be shown publicly in your offer. It should have short and clear details: do you want a seller to provide a photo of his ID? Is any receipt or other document needed? Do you want the payment method to be processed in a specific manner? Will you require a considerable amount of time to process the payment? Check more info here.
4. Write trade instructions. Type them into the Trade instructions field.
Trade instructions will be visible once a trade has started. This should be a clear step-by-step guide for your potential trade partner. Read more information here.
5. Choose if you need a verification filter for your trade partners by selecting the Verification checkbox.
Trading with verified users helps to avoid irresponsible users. However, the number of your potential trades will be lower as some of the users want to keep their privacy online.
Optionally, click Advanced options for some additional settings:
- Select a target country from the Target country drop-down list.
You can choose countries where you would like to get your trade partners.
- Adjust offer visibility by selecting Show this offer only to users in your trusted list checkbox.
Visibility can be set for your trusted users only. It is useful if you have a list of traders marked as trusted and you want to trade only within this group of people.
- Set a minimum amount of trades required by typing a number in the Minimum trades required field.
This is useful when you want to trade only with experienced Paxful users. Set a minimum you consider valid for you.
- Set a fiat limit for new accounts by typing a number in the Fiat limit for new accounts field.
You can use this option not to risk big amounts with users of a few trades and low reputation.
- Set limitations by countries. Select an option from the Limitation by countries list and insert a country in the field below.
You can make your offer visible or hidden to customers from specific countries. This is related to IP address and smart country detection.
- Adjust Proxy/VPN limitations by selecting an option from the Proxy/VPN limitations list. You can choose whether to trade with all users or avoid those with VPN and Anonymizer.
6. Check if all details are correct and click Create offer to proceed.
- You can always return to the previous step by clicking the Previous step button.
- You can change and edit your offer later.
- Offer cannot be changed once a trade has started.
- Once your offer is created, you can check it on your dashboard. Use Vendor dashboard to edit and manage your offers.
Your offer is created. Wait for sellers to start trades.